Monday, August 8, 2016

It's a brand new week! Welcome to Monday. Aw c'mon, you know you have to face it even though you'd really rather turn back over and cover your head with the blankets. But come on out and enjoy this brand new day God has given us.

It's a bright blue 82 degrees here this morning and the humidity is tolerable. The phlox is providing a bounty of whatever for the butterflies, bumble bees, honey bees, and hummingbirds this morning. Ms. Kate refilled the one hummingbird feeder yesterday afternoon and those two little buzz-wings have been busy eating from it and shooing one another off from it. I'm not sure we don't now have a third hummingbird out there. That would be super excellent. I love the way they go to my hummer-bar feeder; they look like they are eating corn on the cob the way they just go from port to port on that thing. I think there are 24 ports for them.

The critters have emptied several of the sunflower feeders again, especially the ones right up here in the pussy willow tree. So, sometime today, I need too go refill those and the barks butter feeders again. And, it looks like I better put out another three or four suet cakes. It is amazing how much birdfeeders I end up buying with all of the different varieties. But it does make for a peaceful morning sitting out here watching them. Then again we try to be out here around 1600 hrs because that is evening feeding time for them., especially the cardinals.

We had a full church yesterday for the worship service. One of the families had their annual family reunion yesterday and they came forr the service. I love it when the church is full. I love hearing the sound of their voices as they sing the familiar old hymns. We ran 80 bulletins this weekend used almost all of them.

Neighbor Dan finally got home from Washinngton DC area. They've been gone three or four weeks, I'm not sure which. His wife is Vietnamese and she has brothers and sisters on both coasts and down in Texas. So they go and stay for weeks at a time so they can visit everybody. She has that strong cultural tie to her family. I think she would love to move to CA because that is where her mother lives. But his family is here and their kids and grandkids are here, so this is where they stay. I expect him to tell me they are heading out to CA for another five week visit any day. Now that they are both retired, she doesn't ever want to stay home. It works for them but wouldn't work for us. I'm of the school that company and fish go bad after three days and it is time to move on.

The coffee cup is empty and I need to get busy. I've said my thanks to the Lord for yet another day of opportunities with to be of service and I'm grateful for another day of blessings, especially that blessing that I need to go refill a coffee cup for. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment