Wednesday, August 24, 2016

I'm a happy camper this morning! Heather and Lauren, (daughter and granddaughter) arrived last night from California. They made the trip in three days which yes, can be done; but it wears your tail out! Lauren did all of the driving which puts her in superstar range. They got in last night about 2130 hrs. Bless Lauren's heart, the first thing she wanted was ice for her shoulder since she is still recovering from her injury. But it is so wonderful to have them here.

Our beautiful "fall-like" days for the past three days have become memory and the heat and humidity have become to climb back to August standards. The heat index is going back up to three digit range.

I'm officially on vacation although I have to finish up some last minute details from my Monday funeral. The widow had given me a small piece of paper with some scripture verses on it that were favorites of her husband. What I didn't know was that he had written those verses on that piece of paper himself at some point and so that little piece of paper was important to her. Her daughter called me yesterday and wondered if I still had it. I did, although I had t pull it back out of my waste basket. So, I'll run that over to her this morning some time. It is interesting what little things will become of utmost importance when we lose someone.

I think I may mow today and I also need to get my little electric chain saw out and cut up a couple of limbs that have fallen. I'll maybe ask Lauren to help me with it. That would be cool. Right now we are just sitting around gabbing and chilling. Lauren is still sound asleep and I'm glad she is getting a good night's sleep. After driving 2100 miles in thee days; --- she's beat.

So, my comments are short for the next few days. I have some great company to talk to for the next couple of days and don't want to miss a minute of it.

Have a blessed day my friends and Go with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment