Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Hello Tuesday! It's nice to see you this morning. The sun is bright, no rain in the forecast and it is 79 degrees already this morning. It will be a hot one today and the humidity will be on the rise for today too. But better stuff is coming down the pipeline for the four day Labor Day weekend. Assuming I get my work done, Ms. Kate and I just might run over to Louisville to PF Chang's restaurant for lunch on Friday. Then we can drop by Julie's house and see her new puppy. Out of respect for our house and us, she's not bringing it to our house until it is house-broken, and I appreciate that. But --- that don't mean we can't go there and pet its floppy head.

 Julie has just finished "rush" season once again at the college bookstore that she manages. But now --- her favorite season of the year; Halloween is upon us and she works her proverbial off haunting at the Baxter Avenue Morgue Haunted House. She has been doing this for several years and looks so forward to it. Certainly she is the "Grand Dame" of the cast and is a looked up to mentor to all of the young kids that come to be in the haunting cast. The fact that the place is an actual old morgue with a dark history, and the fact that it is actually haunted only adds to the flavor and fun. Julie has been pushed several times by things that were not there or seen. That all starts on the 2nd of September and runs through the end of October.  She goes home from a haunt both exhausted and exillerated.

It has been a busy morning at the buffet this morning. I've had lots of birds and a couple of pesky squirrels. Then a hawk came in and just sat up in the poplar tree for awhile. It let everything settle back down and a few birds came back in. One sparrow made the mistake of landing on the ground below one of the feeders and it became hawk breakfast just that quick. That hawk swooped down and never slow down as it grabbed that sparrow off of the ground and flew off. The circle of life continues; some times you eat breakfast and some times you are breakfast. I didn't fill up any feeders yesterday with the exception of the hummer feeders. There is plenty of food out there for them. This morning though, I did go out and water the planters and clean out the birdbath and re-fill them with clean water. I was surprised at how dry the planters had become. The plants were looking pretty wilted. It is interesting though how quickly those plants will look fresh again no matter how bad they looked. All it usually take is a little water. It's pretty much the same as what prayer does for me. No matter how I might feel, a little prayer will perk me right back up.

I have work to do and coffee to finish so I better get on it. I offer up prayers for those who "sit in the sunroom" with me and read my scribbles. May God send blessings your way each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment