Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Good morning on this 2nd day of August. It is going to be another steamy one with the possibility, (more like a probability) of more rain or pop-up thunderstorms. We wouldn't want to miss out on a chance for that.

I didn't have much opportunity or time for porch setting yesterday. I had a parishioner who had to be at one of our hospitals yesterday morning for a procedure and I wanted to be there for that with the family. We all sat there for about fifteen or twenty minutes and they came and got my parishioner to take her bac and prep her. After a while we went back and they were making last arrangements and signing papers etc. So, I left, we had already said our prayer. I stopped on the way home and picked up Ms. Kate and I a sandwich for lunch and came on home. I checked my messages when I got home and found out that the hospital/doctor had an emergency and they have to reschedule my parishioners appointment to Friday morning. Bless her heart.

Then, -- yesterday afternoon, I got a call from my sister-in-law, Karen, telling me she was on the way to the ER for a blood transfusion. She said she had been feeling really weak and tired and run down and her Digestive Care people had told her to got get blood at the ER. Well, you don't just walk in to an ER and order up a unit or two of blood like it was a hamburger and fries. An hour or more later she asked me to go get her "ever-ready travel bag" because she would be spending the night. We finally left the hospital a little after 2000 hrs and she still had not received her transfusion. My late texting with her confirmed that it was 2215 before she had her first transfusion and they were still going to give her another unit after that. I've just gotten a call from her and she will be staying another day while they run more tests. Karen is a crohns patient so things can go from bad to worse fairly quickly.  We'll go up and see her later today.

So that's my yesterday and why I didn't get around to my blog. It's good to be back in the sunporch today watching my critters, although I see they have emptied the feeders already again. And --- I need to mow the back yard today and pick up a few small limbs. The back yard doesn't grow nearly as fast as the front yard does because it is so very shady back here. The front yard could use it again already. It has become an every four day thing which is unheard of for late July/August. Surely we'll break out of this pattern soon. Most years, by now we would be whining for rain because thee ground would be hard and cracked. Humans are hard to satisfy.

I need to walk out and check on my tomatoes and cucumbers and "bring in the harvest" first thing this morning so I reckon, I'll put my coffee cup down and go do that. I hope you have a blessed day. Take the time to do something nice for someone today. It will make you feel good about yourself. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment