Friday, August 1, 2014

I'm up a bit early this morning. Ms. Kate and Julie have just now left for Tennessee. Julie has a blood draw at a clinic in Johnson City this evening and then again on Sunday morning. So, it is just me and the pupperonis until I take them over to Julie's house and pick up Ms. Kate after church service on Sunday.

There is lots of chirping and cheeping and fussing going on out on the feeders this morning. I filled the barkbutter bits feeder this morning and the Sparrows are all over it. They also have to compete with the Starlings, woodpeckers, and Finches. Everything seems to like that stuff.

Julie said the pups had a possum trapped against the fence at around 0430 this morning. She had to literally get in the flowerbed and drag Harley out because the possum was trapped up against the fence and had no escape route. Its a wonder the dogs didn't get bit. Hopefully that critter will remember there are dogs here and stay away. But,  we've had possums out here as long as we have lived here.

What to do with myself today is the question. It is already muggy outside. I do have to jump on the John Deere and get my and Dan's yards mowed. That doesn't take very long though. I need to do some writing today and of course I need to take care of the pups. But maybe I'll catch up on some of the stuff that is on the DVR and get that kind of cleared out. I find it facinating that Ms. Kate has been gone less than an hour and the house just seems so empty. I wouldn't make a very good bachelor. I guess I could say that I am most comfortable in accommpanied solitude. Did I just invent a whole new social and psychological status?

We took Julie out for a photo-shoot last evening. Each year she volunteers for the cast at the Baxter Avenue Morgue Haunted House. It is an actual former morgue in Louisville, KY, --- and yes, it is indeed haunted. She spends months planning her costume for the next year. So, she got into her costume last evening and we went out to a local cemetery and shot some pictures for her to send to the owners to use as advertisement if they want to. She did look creepy.

The coffee cup is empty for the fourth time so I need to get off of my duff and accomplish something positive for somebody today. I guess I will go mow Dan's yard since he is still suffering with gout.

While I always say prayers of gratitude for my blessings, my main prayer today is for the ladies to have a safe trip. I don't know what I would do without them. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment