Thursday, July 31, 2014

I have a book here on my Nook called Amish Proverbs that I am currently reading. It is really a good read. It is full of common sense sayings and the thoughts behind them. I admire their philosophy and theology, but about the closest I come to being Amish is my love for God's creation that is all around me, and the finally attained ability to stop and count my blessings. But, even there I fail or I wouldn't look at my 13 year old, perfectly good 32" tv in my "man cave" and be wishing it were a 50" flatscreen with more capabilities than I would know how to use. Anyway, --- I recommend the book to you.

My backyard is in much better shape today. I got it mowed and Ms. Kate spent an hour out in the flowerbeds thinning out some of the phlox and another plant called " Obedient Plant", or at least we think that is what it is called. Things look much better out there. With the dry weather, I most likely won't have to mow it for a couple of weeks. I need to check on the front yard and see if it needs to be done today. I'll need to mow Dan's too if so. He came down with gout and can barely walk.

There is much activity in the backyard this morning. I filled all of the feeders yesterday and Ms. Kate filled the birdbaths. So tummys are being filled and feathers are being cleaned in the backyard hostel this morning. Only one squirrel has shown up so far today. It eats for a while, runs off , and comes back down the tree for more.

I didn't get a lot of writing done yesterday because it just wouldn't flow. I need to concentrate on that today. Julie and the pupperonis are coming this afternoon so I won't be concentrating on writing then. We have stuff planned this afternoon and evening, and then tomorrow she and Ms. Kate go to TN and I will dog sit until Sunday afternoon.

Well, the squirrel mafia is moving in now and there will be a war over feeders and birdbaths. They are already chasing one another around the yard and the bigger birds that share those feeders are taking off.

Time to close this up and that means that it is also time to lift up my thoughts to God before I start my day. Starting the day without the Lord is just wasted effort. So today I ask for God's words to flow through me as I work on my sermons. And I thank God for the priveledge of being allowed to serve as pastor of the parish. I am living a life long dream. I pray prayers of gratitude for my family and prayers of concern for those who are ill. May God grant them peaceful, pain free days. And, I pray your day will be filled with nothing but goodness and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment