Saturday, August 9, 2014

Finches, finches, and more finches on this cloudy morning. All of the Goldfinches make a great substitute for the sun that is well hidden this morning. There are at least nine of them currently fussing over the two thistle feeders. It is a beautiful sight.

The air is very still out there this morning. The rain has turned everything back to a lush looking deep woodsy feeling theme. Our house is surrounded by at least seven, thirty to forty foot tall trees. We have also have a border of fire bushes, rose-of-sharon, and crepe myrtle on the south side of the yard that has grown by now to twenty feet tall. With all the flowers we have planted in the back yard, this easily become an enchanted garden or even a picture from a forest primeval. Were it not for the few houses I can see through the trees and bushes, it would be perfect.

I talked to Byron and Sheila after Byron's blood work yesterday and he said it went extremely well. He had no after effects from it. His only problem was being cold during the procedure. But that isn't unusal for him. He is like Ms. Kate --- always cold. But, by the time they had finished he was hot. So --- they went to Culvers for an ice cream. Next week they put the port in his chest to make the extraction and re-insertion much easier on him. But certainly I send prayers of gratitude to God this morning for how well it went yesterday. And, I pray this is the path to remission.

Oldest Grandson, Joshua, and the love of his life, Christina are off for a weekend at Disneyworld. I think the last time Josh was at Disney, Josh was being carried for at least part of the day by either me or grandma. I hope they truly enjoy themselves. They are a couple of great kids; we love them dearly. I just wish they would get married. I'm an old fashioned fart and just don't understand the modern day trend to just live together and not get married. (Sigh!) But it is a different society than the one I grew up in. The definition of who and what constitutes a couple is a blur these days. Heck, the definition of who's the husband and who's the wife in a relationship isn't even clear these days what with all the same sex relationships and "marriages". But, having said my rant --- I don't see a certificate from God on my wall making me judge of anything.

The sky grows darker as the morning grows longer. It is starting to shower again. As I look across the yard there must be fifty Sparrows on the ground out there under one of the feeders cleanning up what the squirrels and bigger birds have knocked out. A gentle rain now falls, the squirrels are in the neighbor's tree chasing one another and peace reigns all around me. Thank you God for all this beauty. My. blessings flow in like the rain. I hope your day is as full of blessings as mine has already been today.

No comments:

Post a Comment