Thursday, August 28, 2014

This morning's blog will probaby be short because I need to get busy and pack the car for our road trip up to my sister's place. But there is time always, if we only take it, to stop and give thanks for another day in God's marvelous world of adventure. It is going to be another hot and steamy one and to add to it, we have our first real "air quality alert" which means that old farts with breathing issues, (and that would be me) should not be outside.

We got a lot of stuff donne yesterday. I did my visitation while Ms. Kate ran the bulletins which saved us an hour. We got the laundry done and several other things that were on the list. But, I got no writing done which will put me a little behind. Perhaps I can hold on to the thought stream for the sermon I have started until I get back home Saturday. If not ---  well, I'll just start over.

There aren't many birds out this morning. I have a couple of Downy Woodpeckers eating on the barkbutter paste feeder, a couple of Goldfinches eating from the thistle seed feeder, and at least one Hummingbird flitting around the phlox. But the rest will start filtering in shortly. I'm a few minutes early for the normal group.

The sun is now starting to stream over the roof of the house and on to the flowers. It makes for a beautiful sight as it hits the purples of the phllox and the red of the roses, up against the yellow and black of the black eyed susans. However, if I don't water the petunias and geraniums before I leave this morning, they will be dead by the time we get back. The dahlias are looking sad too. The rain that has been in the area has missed us so I need to take dare of stuff. I allso need to fill the birdbaths at the same time so my feathered friends will have water in the heat.

So, it is time to vacate the chair and get busy. Before I go I must give thanks to God for this day of opportunities to do something good for some else. Life is short and I'm certain that we weren't put on this earth to just look out for just ourselves. We are given the responsibility to care for other people and to care for God's creation.

I pray for a safe journey, not just for me but for all who will be out there on the road with me. I pray for a day of world peace. Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing if we had a day where no one harbored an evil thought against any one else?? Can we even imagine a day of complete peace? So, I say, come on world, let's love one another like we were meant too. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment