Saturday, August 23, 2014

It is 8:45 pm, and I'm sitting here in the sunporch having just finished a bowl of ice cream and four Oreos. This is the most relaxing time I have had today to just do nothing, so I thought why not do my blog.

It is a different world out here at night. First of all, it is much, much quieter. There are no birds chirping, school busses or garbage trucks going by, children playing or people going to work. I am hearing distant thunder and seeing far off lightening. The temperature is still 79° outside and there are thunderstorms to both the west and the east of here. We are kind of sitting right in a clear pocket and may not get any of it at all. But, the only sounds I really hear are Ms. Kate's television over in the bedroom and the night sounds of an occasional cricket. The world around me is at peace.

I went to my class this morning. The class was more interesting than I anticipated; ---- but the coffee was as bad as I thought it would be. But, --- it filled a requirement for my continued licensing, so, one plays the game.

After the class, Ms. Kate and I went to our favorite meat market / butchershop and picked up some stuff for the week. The lead butcher goes to one of my churches and they are all really nice folks. They win all kinds of national awards with their products and skills and their business is really growing. We are very happy for the whole family.

After that, we went to CVS and had some photo prints made and then Ms. Kate and I both went for pedicures. This is something reletively new to me. I think this was the third time I have gone. I have to say, --- its great! My only problem is that I have ticklish feet so I have to be careful that I don't kick the lady doing the work. Its about the same danger as sitting on a milking stool with a skiddish cow! I hear my wife and girls all talk about how relaxing it is, but I can't really say that. It just makes my feet and legs feel better when she is done.

Tomorrow is Sunday and it promises to be a busy one. I'll have church services first thing in the morning. Some friends are coming from my home church and they are bringing my mother with them, so we'll all go out for lunch afterwards. Tomorrow afternoon I have two sessions of pre-marital counselling to do. I have two weddings coming up in the next three weeks.

I thank God for a day filled with love and blessings. I talked to my oldest grandson this evening for a while and congratulated him on his new job and promotion. We are very happy for him and proud of him. He has matured into a fine, responsible young man. I also pray for a peaceful night and a Holy Spirit filled tomorrow.

Have a good night and a blessed Sunday. I will talk to you again on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment