Thursday, August 7, 2014

Yesterday was a "start early --- stay late" kind of day and I never did get around to my blog. Of course the downside of that is that I didn't take my own advise; "Exhale and pray -- then start your day". Oh, I did some prayers throughout the day but it was only me doing the talking. I didn't take the time to listen for anything God might have wanted to say. Its a human habit, -- and not a good one.

The sidewalks are a bit damp this morning so we must had a minimal shower at least. The forecast is for some significant rain between now and the weekend and I hope it happens. It is dry enough that the grass hasn't grown at all in the past week. So, -- no John Deere ride this week. Poop!

I have a yard full of activity this morning. There are several Cardinals, a dozen or so Grackles, Goldfinches, Housefinches, Sparrows , Chickadees, and a couple of Wrens all competing for the food. The Doves are literally chasing one another around the yard as are three squirrels. It is a zoo this morning. I think the word got out that I went to Wild Birds and Things yesterday evening and restocked their pantry. I still need to run down and pick up a hundred pounds of black oil sunflower seed. Then I'll be set for a couple of weeks at least.

I was so very surprised an pleased as I went to visit my dear 101 year old parishioner. Last week I was afraid she was sitting at death's door and the door was open. Yesterday she was sitting up in the bed, good color in her face and was smiling and somewhat talkative. As we held hands and prayed, even her grip had some of the strength that she used to have. It was wonderful to see her in that condition. The lesson there in that bed was; -- never discount the works of God. When things look the bleakest and life appears to be going south --- there just might be a u-turn in your path that you can't see.

It is going to be hot and humid today before the rain an thunderboomers start. We need to get out to the store early and pick up the few things we need. Then it will be time to start working on getting some writing done.

So, I begin my prayers this morning as always with prayers of gratitude. I continue to look around me and recognize a wealth of blessings, some tangible, most intangible. My life is full of loved ones and friends. I'm lifting up those loved ones and friends this morning and asking that God lay his hand of peace and comfort on each of them --- and that means -- you! So, thank the Lord for this day, and this moment in time. Share your blessings with one another. Tell someone today that you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment