Monday, August 18, 2014

Wow, everything is pretty well saturated this morning. I don't know the official total rainfall we got but there was five inches in my rain guage and I had emptied it Saturday. The air outside is dead-still and muggy. I've seen no birds out here this morning with the exception of one. A Red Tail Hawk was right up by the window in the flowerbed and grabbed up a vole for its breakfast. That is the same spot that Julie's dog Auggie sits and scratches trying to catch a vole too. That Hawk is welcome any time.

I see that the Finch feeders are empty as are the Woodpecker feeders. I think I will go fill them right quick.

It always amuses me when one of the small bbirds will land on a feeder as I'm letting go of it. That happens every once in awhile and it happened again a few minutes ago. I put out thistle seed for the Finches and Bark butter paste and bark butter bits. Everything likes the bark butter. It is a peanut butter and ground corn mix. I have Downy Woodpeckers on those feeders right now. I alo have three or four Cardinals feeding this morning but they are on the feeders at the edge of the yard eating sunflower seeds. All in all though,, it is a quiet morning in the back yard.

Church was sparsely attended yesterday for what ever reason. I think folks are taking advantage of these last days before school starts. Others are taking kids back to college. Summer for the young is done. We only have two more Sundays of our summer combined worship schedule. September 7th we go back to separate services. I love it when we do combined worship. It should be a reminder that we are a faith family and not two separate worshipping entities. I'm not sure others look at it that way.

Brother in law, Byron goes in for his second blood extraction today, so my prayers are indeed with him. This will be the first extraction using the port they put in last Thursday. I pray it goes well. I also lift up my friends and loved ones this morning. I hope they each have a week full of peace in their soul and joy in their hearts. Life is so much easier; --- so much less complicated when we put God in the driver's seat and unburden ourselves from worry. Jesus said to not worry about tomorrow but to concern ourself with today. That is sound advice.

Have a blessed day. God loves you and the Holy Spirit surrounds you. What else could you possibly need?

No comments:

Post a Comment