Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wednesday, --mid-week, -- hump day, -- what ever one wants to call it, this work week is moving along quickly. But that's all good since I'm on track with my work for the week. I finished next weeks sermon yesterday and got started on September 7th worship service. Today is visitation day and then go run the bulletins for this coming Sunday.

Mr. "Fuss-a-lot" is here this morning. That's what I call my Bluejay. I actually have a pair that eat here regularly. But the one, I assume it is the male because it is the larger of the two, always comes in first calling loudly and announcing himself. He will do that for maybe three minutes, then he gobbles a bite of food and flies away. All my birds have their strange little patterns as do my squirrels. It is very interesting and entertaining to observe.

From the looks of it, I'll need to fill the feeders again today. I know that at least two of the sunflower feeders are empty. I have a feeder that I bought in Amish country that looks like a gazebo. It takes about three pounds of sunflower seed to fill it. There are easily fifteen birds of all varieties eating off of it this morning. It sets on a 4x4 wooden post about seven feet off of the ground. I wrapped the top two feet of the post in aluminum flashing and also put a squirrel guard up there. It does a fair job of keeping the squirrels off. But somtimes they defeat it. They are industrious and determined when hungry. --- And they are always hungry.

The sun is streaming through the trees brightly this morning. It is already muggy outside. The heat index is supposed to go to 103° today with another chance at thunderstorms this afternoon. This is the summer weather we've been waiting on for several weeks. There are crops that thrive in this kind of weather and require it to mature, so as always, --- God has provided. Because I actually stop to think about these things, I never cease to be amazed at the complexity of God's creation and handiwork.

I'm lifting up there community of Ferguson Missouri this morning. I pray that peace will prevail in that city that has seen a week of demonstrations and riots and looting. A young unarmed black teenager was shot by a white police officer during an incident of some nature. It has sparked nights of demonstrations and violence. As is usually the case, most of the violence and looting is caused by opportunists from outside the community. They couldn't care less about the young man that was killed, --- they simply come in to hide in the aggravated crowd and loot and steal and destroy people's property. So, I lift up that community as I pray calmer heads will prevail.

Of course no day would start off right without prayers of gratitude. God continues to provide all I truly need in my life; a loving family, loving friends, and daily opportunities to make life better for some one else in some manner. I hope your day is as blessed as mine already has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment