Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A bright blue morning greets me this morning as I sit down in my recliner with my cup of coffee. The temperature outside and the accompanying humidity already clues me in that it will be another steamy day. That's okay because I'll only be in and out of it in the car. Today is paritioner visit day and work at the church for a while. The grass will wait until the weekend. So, --- I'm quite comfortable sitting here looking out with the overhead fan turning slowly. A fellow with less discipline would be snoozing already. I'm tempted but have too much to do.

There are lots of birds out this morning. The feeders are less than half full. I'm thinking I'll just let them finish everything up again before I fill them up. We are going to be gone for the next few  mornings and there is enough food on the ground beneath each feeder that I could leave them for a week and there would still be stuff there when I got back. They need to clean up after themselves.

We are heading to visit my sister and brother in law in the morning. We get to see each other only about four times a year and it has been months since we have been to their place. The biggest problem is that she works all during the week and I work weekends. It is hard to fit a quallity visit in that way.

I'm listening to the sounds outside and somewhere there is a squirrel that is totally honked off about something. It is chittering and fussing about something that is bothering it. From the way the small birds have scattered, I suspect there may be a big Hawk in the area. I hope it lands in the yard.

Last evening we went to Cajun Night at our favoriite restuarant. Ms. Kate's sister, Karen, is home from her European vacation and went with us, so we had lots to talk about with her. It sounds as if she had a great trip.

I didn't have to do an ALS ice bucket challenge this mornning like I did yesterday. I am so proud of how many of our parishioners have done that challenge. This thing has not only swept the nation, it is sweeping the world. But, as I said yesterday, it is amazing how much good we can do as a country by just having fun with one another and working together to do something good in the spirit of charity. Who would have thought that a simple bucket of icewater and a challlenge to a few personal friends would garner millions of dollars for a charitable cause. This has been the biggest "ripple in the pond" that I have ever seen. Pure proof that we are all connected in God's world.

It is time to get out of my chair and get busy doing something with the blessings with which God has once again overfilled my life. I hope your day is as peaceful and full of love as is mine. Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment