Thursday, August 21, 2014

A hot overcast sky greets me this morning. At 0730 it was already 76° and muggy. The sidewalks are wet but partially dry which says we must have had at least a shower in the last couple of hours. It didn't do anything to break the heat or muggy air though. We are supposed to have this kind of weather for at leasst the rest of the week. I'm not a fan.

My day was productive yesterday. I did my visitation with Ms. Charlotte. She is a 101 year old energizer bunny. A month ago I expected to be doing her funeral very shortly. Yesterday they had to go track her down. The staff said she wheels her wheelchair all over that facility. They expect to start her on therapy next week that will include standing and walking. Her hip and leg that she hurt when she fell is healing quite nicely. She of course didn't know me and what conversation we did have was limited to her understanding only. I had no idea to what she was referring, but she was in a happy and playful mood. For that, I give God thanks. She should be well enough physically by next week to move to the alzheimer unit.. it is a locked door facility. They have a lot of activities for the residents in there and this way they won't have to worry about her getting outside and wheeling herself to who knows where.

So, --- I ran my bulletins and got the church ready for Sunday. I filled all of my bird feeders, and I mowed my back yard yesterday evening. It isn't a huge back yard by any means, but it is fenced in and I can't get the John Deere mower through the gate so I use my push mower. It only take 15 - 20 minutes to mow it, but I had to come in and use my asthma inhaler when I was done because of the heat and humidity. But, I figured it was better to mow that part while the sun was down rather than today when the heat index gets to 105° . Today, after the sun comes out and dries the grass, I'll jump on the JD and take care of the front yard and Dan's yard.

I'm not sure what today's schedule holds although I think we will be putting up peaches in the freezer. The long pole in that tent is to find room in any one of the freezers to put them in. But I do love my frozen peaches. I take them out and microwave them just long enogh to melt them a tad, generally about 45 seconds. Its good stuff.

There are lots of Finches, Sparrows, Cardinals, Doves, and Grackles here this morning. A single Robin has stopped by for a bath and is splashing water everywhere. Mr. Fuss-a-lot, the Bluejay came by, did his normal fussing and grabbed a bite and left. These are just a sample of the blessings I get to start my day with every morning. With a great cup of coffee and God showering me with entertainment and peace in my heart and soul; --- I am a blessed man. I pray your day will be filled with blessings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment