Monday, August 4, 2014

The squirrel crawls up the pole to the feeder, eats a few bites, and crawls back down the pole, sits there for ten seconds, --- then repeats the entire process. It has now done that at least a half a dozen times, one after another. Then it ran off up the tree. It appears to be a young squirrel and extremely cautious. Its possible that it doesn't belong to the resident group. Or, maybe the pups chased it so many times this weekend that it is looking for them.

My little world is back to my definition of normal. Ms. Kate is back home with me  and the pupperonis are back to their home. The feeders are full, there are lots of birds and sunshine out my windows, and the month of August brought with it the promse of hot and humid weather for the week. Life is as it should be.

My prayers this week are certainly sent up for my brother in law, Byron. Tomorrow he begins what will be a six week process of a blood cleansing process for his cancer. Tomorrow they will draw blood, send off immediately to a lab for cleansing of toxants and replace them with auto-immune particles, and then on Friday, they will re-insert his blood back into him. This has to be done every two weeks for three treatments, I think. The hope is that this will give him the stuff he needs to fight the cancer and send it into remission. We are all praying that this is God's answer to our prayers and not just a human experiment. If God is not in this process, it won't work. God's plan for Byron and all of us will always prevail, and I accept that as fact.

We had a full church yesterday and it was wonderful. One of the familes of the church had their annual reunion at the church so we had extra guests which is always nice, especially on Communion Sunday. I love Commnion Sundays. It adds a sense of intimacy to the service for me. I realize it may not do that for everybody but it does for me. I have said many times that having a meal together is one of the more intimate things we humans do. Communion is the symbolic symbol of that "last supper" of Jesus. We are therefore symbolically sitting there in the presence of Jesus and the disciples. I love it.

My cofffee cup is empty and I am sure Ms. Kate's is too. It is time to get down stairs to my computer and get started. I finished this coming week's sermon last night so it is time to get started on the next week's service. Before we know it, the combined services will be over and the fall programs wil begin. The world does keep turning and life goes on.

I pray you will have a blessed day and a week of peace in you heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment