Monday, August 25, 2014

Today we have an afternoon blog. I have just finished a delicious lunch from the oven and stove of Ms. Kate, who I think might be the best cook I know. I'm sitting here with a full tummy from beef tenderloin, cooked with quartered potatoes and gravy with green beans on the side. Then to top it off, we finished with a wonderful apple pie /tart thing. Dang, --- that was fine.

I came out to the sunporch first thing this morning and right away I had to fill the birdfeeders. I hadn't done much with them in a couple of days and between the birds, the squirrels, and most likely a raccoon or possum; everything was empty. The morning was already muggy and in the fifteen or twenty minutes it took me to fill them all, I was already sweating. So, I had my coffee and sat and watched the birds fly in to check on the feeders, and had my morning alone time with the Lord. It was and daily is, --- the perfect start to each day.

I grabbed my Nook tablet to write my blog and the battery was dead on it. I hadn't plugged it in after writing my blog on Saturday evening and by this morning it was pretty dead. Whether it is turned on or off, the battery drains in about 24 hours. Actually, I think when I shut it down, I am simply "putting it in a sleep mode" so in effect it is still running in the background. I think that makes it operator error. However, it gave me a chance to get some other stuff done before lunch including finalizing two upcoming weddings. (Well, they are final until the brides change their minds again about something.)

It appears to be afternoon snack time for the fuzzy tailed rats. I've shot both of them in the butt with my BB gun at least four times, but a hungry squirrel is not to be deterred. They know I'll tire of the game before they do.

We had a full church yesterday again. I also had some nice visitoors from my home church who came to worship with us. I'm very concerned about my home church. The pastor just resigned and now the church is wandering in limbo. I pray for them because I'm afraid they have lost their sense of purpose and maybe forgotten that the church belongs to Christ and not to individual members of the congregation. Unfortunately, far too often when people say "this is my church" they mean it literally. My heart breaks for them and so my prayer continues to be that they will truly let God lead them through a healing process.

On a much brighter note. Those beautiful knockout roses that are shining brightly in the sunshine, reminds me that God just continues to bless my little world. I pray there is a beautiful rose brightening up your day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment