Saturday, August 2, 2014

It is another nice comfortable morning out side the sunporch. I went out and watered the potted plants and filled the birdbaths first thing. The pups have been in and out a couple of times already this morning. Auggie, the youngest of the two, is sitting right at the door because he obviously saw a vole run across the walk and his biggest pleasure if finding them and killing them, and carrying their bloody body around.

The girls made it to TN just fine and Julie did her blood draw last evening. Today they will lounge and shop. Tomorrow Julie will do another blood draw and then they head back to New Albany. I will take the pups back over there tomorrow afternoon.

I should hang one of those signs that says "Baths 5¢" out there in the yard. The birds are lined up out there on the birdbaths waiting to take baths this morning. But then, it is Saturday after all.

So, I have let the dogs out --- again. Auggie is trying to dig through a concrete paver to get at the vole that is burrowed under it. Harley is out by the compost container where she has gotten several corn cobs out and is knawing on them. They went out at 0330 for a pee break. Auggie did his business and came back, but Harley wasn't to be found. I called and called and finally took the flashlight out and found her eating on a corn cob and refusing to move. We had a blunt discussion and she reluctantly came in but was mad as the devil at me. Danged dog! There won't be a lot of squirrels out there this morning, what with the pups going in and out.

I got my yard mowing done yesterday as well as several other things that I had on my list to do. Today I still don't have a plan other than taking care of the pups. Maybe I'll read and do a bit of writing. I still have a least two pages to put together for next weeks sermon. Saturday is considered one of my "official" days off but I've taken a couple of days already this week of doing no writing including yesterday. So, I think I will have some cantelope for breakfast and then head downstairs to my office.

God continues to provide a wealth of goodness in my life and my soul is full of peace. Were the rest of the world to feel the contentment that I do; there would be no wars. There would be no crime. So this morning I lift up anyone who does not feel the peace of God in their heart. I have found that the best way to have peace is to share your blessings and God's love with others. Smile at a stranger today. Do something for some one else. Have a fully blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment