Thursday, June 19, 2014

This is a day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. The words of the Psalmist David certainly ring true on this beautiful Thursday morning. The sun is shining brightly, there are birds on most every feeder and in the birdbaths getting cooled off and cleaned up. The hydrangeas and petunias are blooming brightly and two squirrels are playing chase through the yard. All in all, it is a perfect start to my day.

I had to fill the feeders again last night after I watered the plants and the garden. The rain that is in the area keeps going arounnd us so I need to keep watering. I picked the black raspberries last evening too. I think they are just about done. I have no complaints though. This was my best crop since I planted them. My little patch is only about a six foot by ten foot plot and I've gotten a dozen good pickings off of them this year. I may have one more good picking this weekend, but then I will be on vacation for two weeks and the birds can have them. My red raspberries that are planted on the north side of the yard didn't do squat this year because I haven't taken care of them. That's one of the two last areas that I really need to get under control because it has become over grown by sapplings. The snowball bush is over shadowing the raspberries and preventing them from getting sun. There is a red thorny wild climber rose that stands guard over the whole thing . I need a knight's shield and sword just to hack my way in. Well, maybe that a bit of an exaggeration, but it seems that way everytime I go over there. If I went out there for about an hour this morning, I could get some good done and would feel like I accomplished something today.

Our Julie says she is about 75% better than she was with her RA flare up. I give God praise and glory for that. She has another Orientation Weekend at the college and has to keep the bookstore open extra for that. It is already tough work and long days and adding the pain of RA to it is exhausting for her.

I offer up my prayers of gratitude for undeserved blessing this morning. I also ask for healing and comfort for my friends and loved ones dealing with life affecting illnesses. May God lay his grace and comfort on all of them today and give them pain free days. I also pray for you who may read this. I pray you will feel the touch of God's grace in your life today too.

My coffee cup is empty and I shall now get dressed and go tackle the north flower bed and earn my second cup of coffee. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment