Friday, June 6, 2014

Sunshine and warm Carolina weather on tap for today. It is Amanda's high school graduation day and we are all hoping for no rain yesterday evenng it rained a lot.

I've been out to smell the gardenias several times today. The sweet smell is almost breathtaking. I think maybe God created that flower just to perfume the universe. I picked three blossoms last night and put them in a vase in our room and the oder permeated the whole room. It was heavenly.

We had Safelite come this morning and replace the windshield on the Caddy. I'm glad they were able to get it done so quickly. We didn't want to drive 750 miles with a cracked windshield. The guy doing the work was quick and professional.

We are in a pattern of hurry up  and wait right now. Most of us are dressed and ready but we are still two hours out from the graduation. Gary still has to get home from work. Other than visit and take pictures, we haven't accompished much today; but we are on vacation so what do we need to accomplish?

I love Lisa's yard. Besides all of the azelias, camillias, and gardenias, they have about thirty, forty-foot tall yellow pine trees. Looking out her sunporch windows is like looking out on a park. They have a large gazebo in the back yard and have put in a really nice fire-pit. They hold a lot of gatherings with their church friends out there. And --- being in North Carolina, they can do that fairly well year around.

And so, as I look around, I see the wonderful handiwork of God. And as I sit here, I can certainly feel the presence and peace of God. I am so very blessed to have the loving family that I do. God has been so very good to me. I hope you have that same feeling about your family and that you have that kind of relationship with the Lord God.

Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. We did a whole lot of hurry up and wait. It was a good time of rest though.

    ReplyDelete