Friday, June 20, 2014

I'm here mainly with the Sparrows this morning. That is noteworty only because I was listening to the Gaither Homecoming Friends sing "His Eye is on the Sparrow" just before I went to bed around 1:00 this morning. I frequently close my day out by listening to some good gospel music.

I have one lone squirrel out there this morning. It is being very cautious and sitting on the feeder so it can watch for movement here in the sunporch or maybe see the door open. It knows that if the door opens there is a sting from a BB coming its way. So, it will eat two or three sunflower seeds and then stop and watch for me. I'll catch it off guard here in a few minutes and pop it one. Then it will run up the tree, wait five minutes, and be back up on the feeder.

I did get the most harsh spot out by the north fence cleaned out yesterday. There was rose bush, and clematis, and oak tree, and poison ivy and raspberries and snowball bush all entangled and intertwined with one another. It was a mess to try to get through. I save my empty 50# sunflower seed sacks just to put stuff like that in. I stuffed three of them full from just that spot. The trash man will be hauling them off shortly this morning. That is only a beginning of what I need to clean out over there but at least I won't have to deal with that wild rose. I need to also take the RoundUp sprayer out there and spray the poison ivy.

We are supposed to get rain today. We currently have some high clouds in the area but certainly nothing that would threaten rain. I'll need to water stuff around here this evening if it doesn't. I also need to fill all the bird baths again. The Robins and the Starlings have been lined up on them this mornng taking turns with their baths. Water was flying everywhere. There is a Carolina Wren hopping arounnd just outside my window. They are one of my favorite birds simply because they are so tiny and qiick. They also have a pretty song.

This morning visitors now include a Brown Thrush. We don't often see those in the yard. They are ground feeders and there is plenty of discarded food out there for it. It and the Robin are hopping back and forth across the brick sidewalk eating stuff.

Its Friday and my day off. We plan to go out and visit my mother this afternoon for a bit. We have some copies of Amanda's graduation pictures to give to her. We went to Walmart yesterday and bought some clothes to pack along for our vacation. We'll need to run them through the wash before we pack them.

My prayers this morning are simple. I thankful to God for my life and the millions of blessing God has put in my life. I ask for nothing today Lord, except for your presence as I proceed through my day. I also pray that you, my friends and loved ones, will have a wonderful day and a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment