Friday, June 13, 2014

It's an overcast morning on what was predicted to be a sunny beginning to an equally sunny weekend. I reckon we will see what God has up his sleeve for us.

I have lots of birds out there this morning. The brilliant red of the Cardinals contrasting with the deep black of the Grackels makes for a neat picture. I can hear the beautiful song of the Song Sparrow along with the "get out of my way" cry of the Blue Jay. And --- I have a couple of squirrels out there trying to decide which feeder to rob while at the same time trying to keep each other from getting too a feeder. I do love my view from my sun porch.

I guess it rained last night at some point and I know the power was off too. All of the clocks were blinking this morning which means I need to go around and reset them. It's not a big job because most everything resets itself or is battery operated. My alarm clock is on battery too, but then I only use an alarm one morning a week. It wouldn't be good for the pastor to oversleep and miss church.

I spent an hour and a half out in the flowerbeds yesterday morning dead-heading peonies annd iris and pulling weeds. I only got one area done and have an awful lot more to do. But where I worked looks so much better. Ms. Kate has tons of lilies that are starting to bloom and I don't want old blooms to detract from the picture. Our hydrangias are in full bloom and they are wonderful. The bloom is made up of hundreds of little individual flowers, that creates a single bloom nine inches across. Some people like to amend the soil around hydrangias to change the colors of the blooms from white to maybe blue or pink. We prefer to let them just do what God made them to be.

It is breezy out there this morning which is a good thing because the clouds are being moved out and the sun is starting to peek through. Mowing the yard is on my list today and the breeze will help to quickly dry the grass. I didn't make it to the church yesterday so I must do that today too. And --- I should go out and visit with my mother for a few minutes. This I how I will spend my "day off". Don't I have a tough life?

It is time to get my day started but not before I stop and give thanks to God for another week of blessings. My life is so full of positivity and God's grace and love. I have done nothing to deserve it or earn it. God, out of his love for his children, has simply provided it. I give Him praise and glory. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment