Saturday, June 14, 2014

It's a cool crisp morning out there. A sharp breeze is blowing and it almost feels like a fall morning. But here in the sun porch it is very comfortable as I survey my little piece of the world.

I got my lawn mowed yesterday evening as well as Dan's yard across the street. I think the Robin must like it because it is racing back and forth across the yard. It doesn't fly across, it just runs really fast and then stops. Then it is off again to another spot. I have no clue what is going on with it. The young bunny is kind of doing the same thing; back and forth, back and forth. I think this must be a second young rabbit because it is smaller than the one I saw on Wednesday.

I topped off the feeders last evening so there is a full buffet waiting for all the critters this morning. So far though business is slow. I have a few Cardinals and Finches at the feeders and one brilliantly blue Blue Jay keeps visiting the bark butter feeder. It will grab a couple of bites and then go sit and wipe its beak on a branch. The smaller birds are interesting to watch because they will grab a sunflower seed and then go sit on a limb and crack it open on the limb. I just noticed that I filled the mealworm feeder last night but forgot to hang it. I have no idea what eats those things but they are expensive to buy.  They do have a rather pungent oder, especially when I first open the container.

A rather large Red Tail Hawk just flew in and is sitting in the tree at the edge of the yard. That might explain the sudden absence of birds and no squirrels yet the morning.

We got a call from our sixteen year old granddaughter Lauren  last evening, telling us that she received her Professional Motocross Rider license. We are going out to Mammoth Lake, Calfornia in two weeks to watch her ride in her first professional race. I know it will be exciting. She already knows most of the other woman professional riders out there and they are good friends. But she was very excited and we are excited for her and very proud of her. That makes the second of our grandchildren that is a professional in their chosen sport. Our oldest grandson Josh is a fourth degree black belt in his chosen karate discipline, and has been teaching it for several years.

My prayers go out this morning for comfort and a pain-free day for our oldest daughter Julie. She has been in the midst of a horrible flare up of her rhumatoid arthritis the past few days. She is a woman of remarkable courage with the way she manages to keep going and working despite the pain that she always has.  No matter how she feels, she is the one who is the cheerleader for others.


The coffee cup is empty, but the bladder is full. Time to quit for the day. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment