Saturday, June 21, 2014

Happy first day of summer! It currently 90° with 97° heat index, and it feels every it like summer.

I'm doing an afternoon blog on this warm Saturday. I had poured my coffee and settled in my chair first thing this morning only to find that my Nook was deader than a doorknob. So, I finished my cup of coffee, said my morning "thanks be to God", and took my Nook and plugged it in.

I got my yard all mowed and trimmed today. I also went over and mowed Dan's yard. He and I then took time to solve all of the world problems over a cold beer. He will be mowing the yards while I am gone. Of course, if the heat continues with no rain --- there won't be any mowing to do.

I had to fill up the bird baths yet again. The Robins were trying to do the splish and splash and not having a lot of luck. I maybe got ten feet away from it and the Robin was back in there. There are now birds from all around coming in for a drink. I done a good thing. I will need to fill all the feeders on Monday afteernoon. That shouuld get them through a few days and then they will have to wait until Julie and Jim come doown over the 4th of July to be fed again assuming the kids feed them.

I haven't much else to talk or think about today. Maybe it is because I'm sleepy. It is extremely comfortable out here and I stayed up to 0100 hrs  listening to my ipod. So, I'm signing off for today. I hope the remainder of your day is filled with blessings from God. I also hope you will stop and give thanks to God for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment