Wednesday, June 11, 2014

And a glorious good morning to the world this morning! I'm back in the sunporch, back to my recliner, having my coffee and watching the world outside. We've just spent a week on vacation. We went to see our oldest granddaughter, Amanda, graduate from high school. We had a wonderful trip, good relaxing times, and a great visit with family. But --- I'm an old horse, and my most comfortable place is in my own stall.

One of the first things I did yesterdy evening was refill all of my feeders. There wasn't a bit of food left in any of them, which I expected to be the case. However, the word has gotten out through the squirrel grapevine that there is food to be had. This mornng I have more Robins than usual hopping around  out there. I had a Bluejay too for a bit but it has since gone. Other than a few Finches, there hasn't been much activity. It will pick up as the day goes on.

We've had around five inches of rain since I have been gone, or at least that was what was in the rain guage. The plants have exploded with growth. From my chair I can't see much of the actual yard because the phlox, the hydrangias, and all of the patio container plants have gotten so tall. The garden has really grown too and is looking wonderful. So, despite the fact that many weeds have also grown, I give God many thanks for the rain. I'm also grateful for all those little tomatos, and squash, and cucumbers that I see coming on my plants and vines. I will be grateful again after while when I go out and pick my raspberries from bushes that are loaded with fresh berries this morning. Everywhere I look, I can see yet another blessing that God has bestowed on me.

My rabbit is back this morning and it has grown too in the past week. The Cardinals and the Downy Woodpeckers have by now discovered that the pantry is open for business again are flitting from one feeder to another. I knew all things would get back to routine if I just sat here patiently. God works in God's own time.

My prayers this morning are prayers of gratitude for the safe travel we just experienced. I'm also thankful for my neighbor who watches over our place anytime we are gone, as does my sister-in-law Karen, who came at least twice to do a walk through. I'm grateful to a loving church congregation who offered up their prayers and kindness to one of our parishioners who lost her mother while we were away. I'grateful to and for Pastor Barb Gaisser who fills our pulpit when I take time away. I have such a blessed life, and I owe it all to God's goodness and direction in my life.

I hope you can find time in your busy day today, to stop and count your blessings and then give thanks to God who gave those blessings to you. Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment