Thursday, June 5, 2014

I'm sitting in the sunporch, but not my sunporch. Ms. Kate and I are in North Carolina for a few days as we celebrate our oldest granddaughter's high school graduation. Where in the world did the time go?

I'm sitting here looking at a beautiful lawn full of gardenias all in bloom and the smell is heavenly. She also has over a hundred azelias but they are about done. They only have a couple of bird feeders and it appears that they mostly get Chickadees at them. I may have to go sit in the gazebo in the morning for my morning conversation with God.

Our trip has not been without incident. Before we even got on the road, I went out to put the suitcases in the car and found out I had a flat tire. I aired it up and went down to our local garage and they found a nail in the "no repair zone" up by the rim. So, I had to get a new tire. Then --- this morning our windshield got hit by a flying rock and a long crack started down it. Once we got here to Lisa's I called my insurance company and I have to have a new windshield put in tomorrow. Yuk!

But, all of that aside, it has been a good trip. We spent some time in Old Salem, NC yesterday. It was settled by the Moravians in 1766. It was nice to see some of the antiques they have.

As always, I give thanks to God for my blessings. God is so very good. Have a blessed evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment