Thursday, June 26, 2014

And a good afternoon from the deck of the Juniper Springs Resort in Mammoth Lakes, CA. It is  breezy, and I do mean breezy --- 59 degrees out here. But the view is great as I sit here and look up the mountain at the ski lift about 200 yards from us. So far the only birds I have seen are Magpies. They are just another version of a crow and will get in the trash in a heartbeat if it is left open.

The trip over was almost uneventful; until Ms. Kate got car sick that is. Bless her heart, we had two sets of mountain roads to cross and they were narrow, winding, twisting, with lots of dips. She finally took a Dramamine but it was just too late. We had to make three or four emergency stops along the road. She was a miserable gal by the time we arrived here and had to spend the first couple of hours laying down until her head could quit spinning. She will need to take her medicine before we leave here on Monday for sure. Or, ---- I need to find a better way back to Las Vegas even if it is 100 miles out of the way.

It rained here this morning but Lauren said the track is great. I talked to a couple of the riders as I was bringing in the luggage and they said too the track is great. They said it was miserable though with the rain because it was just enough rain to be a mist and that messed up the goggles. Hopefully we won't have that tomorrow.

I heard from my sister this morning and they had no good news at all from Byron's oncologist. The cancer continues to spread entirely too rapidly. I certainly lift them up to God and pray for continued strength for him, for her, and for all of us.The doctors says he is amazed that Byron continues to feel as well as he does. Maybe --- just maybe that is the manner in which God has chosen to answer our prayers. I don't know and it is certainly in God's hands.

I hope all of you are having a good day full of smiles and joys. There are dark valleys ahead for some of you and us; --- but Christ is the light to hold on to. In the mean time --- hug the people you love and smile at those you don't. You never know which one is an angel coming to give you hope.


1 comment: