Monday, June 16, 2014

There is nothing cool nor crisp outside this morning. It is already 78°, promises to go above 91° and that will fire up some thunderstorms most likely. We are in for our first muggy week of the season. If it doesn't rain, I"ll need to water the garden and the patio containers.

Even the critters are feeling the effect. The squirrels are just walking to the feeders rather than running and there aren't a lot of birds out there this morning either. But I'll take whatever comes along and enjoy it. Afterall, we can't expect God to always lay a grandious blessing on us. Some times they are small and just big enough to make you smile.

I've already received one confirmation of answered prayers this morning. Julie said that she is up and walking today, albeit with her cane. Her rhumatiod arthritis flare up has about 40% subsided and she was able to go to work today. She said her joy today was being able to get her sandals on her feet. But she says it will be a day of delegation of the work to be done. Bless her heart. I do pray this flare up will pass quickly for her. She's grateful that it has been quite awhile since she has had one. As I have said before she finds the positive in almost everything.

Yesterday was Father's Day and I heard from all of my girls. Life is good. Ms. Kate and I went to the movie to see Maleficent. I'm sure I enjoyed it much more than Ms. Kate did. I thought it was a good twist on an old Disney story. There was a cute Adam Sandler / Drew Barrymore movie showing at the same time that we could have gone to see but Ms. Kate gave in to my Father's Day wishes. Yes, I am a spoiled husband and father.

A week from tomorrow we take off for a two week vacation. That means I have a lot of things to get done before I go, both around here and for the churches and services. At some point this week I need to go run three weeks worth of bulletins which will take a few hours. I also need to get my sermon written for the Sunday after we return. About the time I think that I'm ahead, I usually find myself getting behind. I work well under pressure but I don't like to.


  • It is time to stop and give my prayers for today. I give God thanks that our prayer list at the churches is back down to only one name. God has bestowed his healing touch to all of those who were going through surgery recovery and rehabilitation. Others who had illnesses have gotten well too. We continue to offer prayers for comfort for both Diana and for Kathy, both of whom lost loved ones. I also continue to lift up Byron and Sheila as they deal with Byron's cancer issues. 


God is so good. And it is so very easy to find peace for your mind and soul if you just turn it all over to Him. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment