Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It is a beautiful warm morning outside my sunporch windows this morning. All of my friends out there are active. I have several Cardinals vying for food, a bunch of Finches of different colors and kinds, at least three Downy Woodpeckers, and a couple of Robins so far. I filled the bird baths last evening and the Robins are taking full advantage of them. Water is being splashed everywhere. One lone squirrel sits out there on a feeder daring any attempt at landing there by the feathered community.

I have four birdbaths out there of different depths and it is interesting to note that the birds of different sizes seem to know which one will best suit them. The Robins and the Blackbirds and Starlings take the deeper ones and the Sparrows and Finches always go to the more shallow ones. ---- And humans think they are the only one of God's creatuures that have a reasoning brain! I think not. Heck, squirrels solve puzzles like how to get into a "squirrel-proof" feeder a lot quicker than I could.

I'm not sure what will be on the adjenda for today. It is to be a humind 91° day so I suspect that working in the flower beds is out of the question. I woke up this morning at 0545 and should have gone  out then but instead I went back to bed. I worked out in one bed last evening for about an hour but there is still so much to do. The west and north perimeter of the yard is out of control with saplings and out of control bushes and weeds and flowers. There is a wealth of trimming to do. That trimming then requires a lot of hauling and carrying. I could really use some one to help me but would have no idea who to ask, so I'll just have to figure it out and "man-up" and do it myself.

There is much to be thankful for today. I talked to Julie last evening and she is feeling better, or as she put it; "no worse for the wear". I suspect that being able to be back to work may actually have helped her. I just continue to pray she will have this RA flare up over with soon. I also pray for the victims of the latest storms that ran through the upper mid-west part of our country yesterday. Once again families lost homes and property and I heard that one life was lost. May they feel the comforting and strong hand of God with them as they work their way throught the chaos.

Time to stop for today and get busy doing something. I hope you have a truly blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment