Friday, June 27, 2014

It was a long dusty and extremely noisy day at the track. Most of you have seen the picture and seen the comments on Facebook from the track. The track was amazingly tough. There were several severe crashes on the track where the riders had to be taken off the track. Thankfully Lauren wasn't involved in any of those. She was involved in a crash the day before during practice. She got the front wheel crosswise on a jump and ended up being thrown over the handlebars and hurt a knee and her head. Today she did well on her first moto but then got extremely sick to the point of throwing up before her next race. But --- despite attempts by us to convince her not to race, she did the race anyway. So today's outcome was a fifth overall in a gaggle of forty racers. Now her amateur racing days are done and Sunday begins her career as a professional Women's Motocross Racer.

It was a mild mid eighties today and the sun was high and hot. Despute putting on lotion, I picked up more sun than I needed to. Heather got sunburnt too. Tomorrow is going to be a relaxing day for all of us. Lauren needs the rest and Ms. Kate can stand to not do anything tomorrow too. We are fairly sure it was a migraine that took her down along with the car/motion sickness.

We've eaten out twice while here and so far --- the food has been just sort of "okay" but not great. But at least we got to pay a lot for it!

My thoughts go out to the young man I watched take a horrible fall on his bike today. I have no idea how badly he was hurt but they had to work on him a long time right there on the track before they they loaded him on the backboard and carted him off. I pray he was not seriously hurt.

I also give God thanks for Ms. Kate and my girls. As I have had the opportunity to be with my grandkids these past few weeks, I'm extremely proud of the young adults they are becoming. Each one is as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside. They, (my grandkids, my daughters, and Ms. Kate) are all a blessing to me and everyone they know.

This is a late blog. Maybe tomorrow I will go sit on the deck and survey my tempory kingdom. In the meantime, I hope you feel as blessed as I do and will take the opportunity to give God thanks for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment