Monday, June 30, 2014

It is Monday night and we are back in Las Vegas. We are staying at the Wynn/Encore hotel complex. These rooms are spectacular. We are on the seventeenth floor over looking the Las Vegas strip. They offered us a room on the 59 the floor but Ms. Kate said no way. That was just too high for her. It would have been a great view though.

We drove down from Mammoth Lakes, CA today. As everybody knows by now, Lauren had her innaugral motocross races this weekend as a professional rider. We were so proud of her. She came in fourth overall and she was estatic.

Kate is feeling so much better now. Her migeaine has passed along with the motion sickness. I'm not sure she didn't have a bout with altitude sickness too. We were at 8000' for three days. It really hampered my breathing too. I took my grandson Jon out geocaching and I was huffing and puffing all the way. Of course sitting in the bleachers for two days sucking up track dust wasn't the best thing for my athsma either; but there was no way I was going to miss it.

So, we are here in Vegas for nine days. I'm not sure what we will do with ourselves. One can only play so many penny slots and eat at so many buffets. I have a Stephen King novel with me and I intend to get that 563 pages read. Julie says she will be bringing my Father's Day present to me and I'm betting it will be the new novel by Stephen King. I am the avid fan.

My prayers go out for one of my parishoners that just had serious back surgery. She is in rehabilitation for the next few weeks. I also lift up thanks for one of my parishioners who filled my pulpit this past weekend. God gave him the courage to do so even though he didn't think he could. It kind of reminds you of Moses, doesn't it. I continue to lift up Byon & Sheila as they daily deal with the frustrations and challenges of Byron's cancer.

It is now close to midnight here so, I suspect I should go to bed. I hope your tomorrow is a bright and blessed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment