Friday, October 29, 2021

There’s not much new on the home front this morning. It’s still cool outside and the rain continues on and off and will for the rest of the day and part of tomorrow. The Backyard Buffet continues to be busy and the level of food in the feeders continues to drop. I’ll probably have to refill stuff again tomorrow once the rain stops and the sun comes out. 

The big event and news is out on the north side of the house though. Once again the robins are swarming through to the Holly tree in my neighbor’s yard. I have told you of this annual event before. There are literally hundreds of robins swooping in and out plucking the red berries off of the holly tree. I suspected they would be along soon because I was seeing a lot of berries on the ground when I was working in the flowerbed. There is this big holly tree on the northeast side of my house. It actually belongs to the neighbor Then there is another one in my yard on the southwest corner of my yard and then Dan has one at the back of the yard of his property, so these guys get their fill when they swarm or flock through the area. They are a lot of fun to watch\ except that they poop a lot too. So the sidewalks will have a lot of Robin poop on them. Maybe I’m blessed that the rain will help with that. The Lord giveth and the Lord washes away. 

Our two new recliners arrived late yesterday afternoon. They are very comfortable. The only problem is that We are limited on “reclining space” and I can’t go back as far as I would like. But I can go back far enough to get a good nap or watch TV comfortably. We still have two pieces of furniture to have taken out of here, an arm chair and a couch.  St. Vincent DePaul will pick those up on the 16th of November. W have so much furniture around this house due to relatives  passing away and having a sweet wife who never wants to give away anything. I could easily supply some young couple with all the furniture they would need to get started in life and still have more than we need here. I don’t know what will happen to it all and I’m glad that I won’t be the one to decide about it cause I’ll be dead. 

That’s it for today folks. Have a blessed weekend. Take time to attend your house of worship and express your gratitude for a week of blessings. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment