Tuesday, October 12, 2021

 It’s cloudy and cool (62) tis morning as Tuesday opens up to the world and becomes a brand new day. The rooster beagles are up and that means the world has to get up or pull the covers over your head. Sigh! But, I have enough stuff on the list to get done today that I need to be up with the beagles so they get a pass this morning.  (I SAID YOU GET A PASS! NOW SHUT UP!!!)

It has been and continues to be a busy few days. Sunday afternoon I talked to a parishioner about her mom. She and her sister left church before the service because they had gotten a call that their mom had taken a turn for the worse. I had just visited with her on Saturday and it was evidenced that her passing was going to happen soon. I made plans to go back to the nursing home on Monday. Well, yesterday afternoon the lady passed. She was 90 years old and a sweet lady. Her husband of 69 years was right there holding her hand. So, I went up and sat and visited with him yesterday afternoon for awhile. Last night I started working on her funeral service. It will be Thursday, I think. Thankfully, I had finished up this next Sunday’s service on Sunday night. 

So, yesterday morning, Ms. Kate and I “did a thing”. We sold her Cadillac back to the dealership. Actually we did that on Friday but we took the car to them and picked up our check first thing yesterday morning. We got a very fair price for it so we’re satisfied. We had gotten to the point that we just didn’t need a third car and it hasn’t had 2000 miles put on it in the last two years. It was becoming harder and harder for us to get in and out of it because of our age and health and the height of the car. And the Caddy got 23 mpg while the Prius gets 54 mpg. Old short people don’t do well climbing up in a buckboard wagon or an SUV. But it did look weird this morning walking out into the garage and seeing that little Prius sitting there instead of the Caddy. Maybe someday, if I ever retire, we’ll get us another Caddy. But then again, by that time, it could be that the only Cadillac I’ll ride in then is a hearse. Who knows what the future holds. Certainly not me. 

We also “did another thing” yesterday. We went to the appliance store and bought a new set of double ovens for the kitchen and a new refrigerator. The double ovens we have were put in when the house was built in 1977. The self-cleaning part has never worked since we owned the house and the thermostat was off so you had to kind of guess about your baking temperatures. Our refrigerator is maybe 15 years old and is a “side-by-side” which gives no actual space in the freezer portion. So, —— Merry Christmas to us.  And that is about when we will get the appliances. Everything is on back-order of course so we don’t know when we will actually get the new stuff. But we are told to expect the refrigerator in mid November and the ovens could actually be in December. 

Okay, we have more running around to do today, I have a funeral to finish putting together, and I haven’t started on the service for the 24th yet. I’m so far behind I think I’m ahead because i can’t see anyone in front of me. 

Go have yourself a blessed day. Give someone a hug today. You will feel better for it.  Peace. 












No comments:

Post a Comment