Monday, October 18, 2021

 Good Monday morning to you. It’s all of 44 degrees this morning but the sun is shining brightly so it will warm up before long. I went out and tended a couple of feeders this morning and it didn’t feel bad out there. I’m going to have to fill a couple more feeders today. The Woodpeckers would appreciate it if I put out some bark-butter I’m sure and a couple of the other feeders are getting low. Mostly this morning, my guests consist of Cardinals, titmouse, finches and a dove or two. So, it’s a pleasant morning at the Backyard Buffet. And so far I haven’t had to listen to the Rooster Beagles. 

How was your weekend? Ours was uneventful which was good because we had enough things going on during the week with the funeral and visitations etc. Saturday afternoon I took time to get out in a couple of flowerbeds and do some work. They look so much better. When it warms up a bit later today, I’ll be back out there. One thing at a time and it will get done and I guess if it doesn’t all get done we’ll live with it. Yesterday afternoon I asked. Ms. Kate to come outside and help hold my ladder while I got up on my roof to blow of the leaves and stuff. The pussy willow tree that is immediately outside the sun porch has lost all of its leaves by now and they all gathered up on my sun porch roof and stayed there. That was causing a problem for the water flow off of the roof when it rained. So, I made a very closely supervised roof excursion yesterday and got it and all of the gutters blown off. I have a good gutter guard system tat keeps the gutters from clogging but it doesn’t guarantee that the leaves will all blow off. So, I walk the roof line with my blower and clean it off. Once I had it all cleaned off then I raked all of the leaves out into the yard, jumped on little JD and made short work of all of it. I’ll have to probably do it a again before  winter but the first mess is gone and cleaned up. 

Right now, I’m waiting on the furnace folks to come and do my fall service. I do an annual contract with them and they come in the spring to do the a/c and in the fall to do the furnace. I knew it is working alright because we have it going right now to take the chill off of the house. 

I need to call St. Vincent’s DePaul today and see if they still  pick up used furniture. We have a couch and three chairs that we want to donate. It is all good furniture but we have got to downsize some of this stuff. The hard part of going to be getting the couch out of the bedroom. She and I got it in there but we were a few years younger when we did that. But I’m not moving anything until I know they will come and get it. 

Well, the HVAC dude is here so I gotta go. O hope you have a blessed week. Peace. 







No comments:

Post a Comment