Thursday, October 14, 2021

 And, it’s Thursday already and I only have a few moments this morning to joy something down before I start my day. This morning we have a funeral at the church that starts at 1000 hrs. That mean that visitation will start at 0900 and we’ll need the church to be open by 0830 for the mortuary to bring the casket in. That’s how time backs you into a corner. And —- it’s a 30 minute drive to the church. After the service ends which will be around 1130 there will be a bereavement meal. I won’t stay for that probably. I need to get busy running the bulletins and setting the two churches up for Sunday. So, I expect to get home around 1430. 

It is a gloomy day,. The temperature is warm, especially for October and there is no rain predicted for today but clouds are expected all day. I guess it is fitting for a funeral day mood wise, but I prefer bright sunny funeral days because they lift attitudes and a sense of hope. But, we’ll take what we get. 

I went to the visitation last evening. I got there around 1600 and the place was full. She has a very large family and was a lovely lady so a lot of folks came to pay their respects. I expect may 75 at the funeral which is a large attendance especially for a 90 year old. So often funerals for seniors are barely attended by more than a couple of dozen. 

I spent yesterday morning out in my flowerbeds cutting back plants and putting in a new piece of “yard-art”. It is a very large owl that is weighted and balanced so that it moves in the wind and the wings will go up and down as though it were come in for a landing. I got it at Wild Birds Unlimited of course and at the same time we picked up another set of smaller Corinthian Chimes. I love to listen to the wind gently blow through them. The sound is so melodic. 

Out if time. I hope your day is blessed. Peace. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment