Saturday, July 31, 2021

 Well now, this is a pleasant change form earlier in the week. Happy Saturday morning. It’s 68 degrees this morning and only going up to the mid 70’s today. It’s going to be a lawn mowing day for sure. And maybe we’ll get some other stuff done too. I need to go get a haircut because it is getting a little long and shaggy. And I think if we have time we will go to the grocery store. I just checked the Accuweather forecast and it said that we will have rain this afternoon, so who knows what will happen. 

Yesterday Ms. Kate and I went for lunch with Brenda and Bob. It was our usual “schrooms and beer” lunch. We were celebrating my birthday a little late. Then we went up to the churches and ran the bulletins  for this Sunday and next Sunday. Kate and I are going out of town next Wednesday and coming home on Thursday so we decided to go ahead and run both weeks bulletins since I had them done. I always try to work ahead “in case something comes up” and lo and behold, something came up late last night. A parishioner from Zoar passed away and I may have to help with or even do the funeral because Pastor Art is having hip replacement on Monday morning. The old military saying is “Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance.” Art is meeting with the family today and will let me know. 

After we finished up the bulletins, we went by the orchard and bought some fresh peaches and then headed up to Sister-in-law Karen’s house. A cousin, Robin, had dropped off some sweetcorn for Karen and for us at Karen’s house so we picked that up. I shucked a half dozen ears for supper last night. It was pretty good; not the best we have had this years, but pretty good. 

That took care of my Friday. I did squeeze in a short (20 minute) nap when we got home but that just left me tired. Now, I need to get my shower and head to the barber shop. I hope you have a great weekend. Get out and enjoy this last day of July, 2021. There will never be another one. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment