Tuesday, July 13, 2021

 A grand Tuesday morning to you!!  That sounds much more “chipper”than I actually feel. But the sun is a little brighter today and it isn’t raining. But I’m going slow this morning. I don’t feel bad but I had another night in the recliner and I’m really tired of that. Tonight will be my last night because i get my stitches out tomorrow. I can’t believe I spent six weeks in that chair just two years ago. Of course my situation was totally different then, It was one of the few places I could be because of my braces and an inability to walk without a walker or wheelchair or my little scooter.  This time it is only because I’m supposed to sleep with my head above my heart and I don’t want to tear any stitches out and make a mess on the pillow or sheets. 

Not much on my agenda again today of course. I will spend the day writing my sermon for the 25th of July. I started on it last night and got one page done but I’m not all that pleased with it. Ithink it will need some tailoring. As often happens, I write and then I read and I find myself wandering around a thought but not actually getting to it. I don’t know how people who write for a living do it. My mentor, Art Christmas has written several books and they are well written. But, I guess that is different than writing a 15 - 20 minute speech every week. Of course, he can drop a sermon on you in a minute; —- but then he’s been writing and giving sermons for 60+ years. Give him a scripture, and he can turn it in to a sermon. Amazing. And he does his from just notes. I have to write mine out to make sure I don’t wander off into the pasture somewhere. 

This morning I need to call the Toyota dealership and set up my service appointment. I’ve reached the 20K mileage point on my little Prius. I’m really glad we bought it. That 55 mpg really is great. And it is mostly comfortable to drive. There are a couple of feature missing that we have on the Cadillac but in the long run, we don’t miss them that much. It certainly isn’t as solid as my Cadillac but then it isn’t as heavy either. I reckon that makes up for the good gas mileage. 

I just got a call from the John Deere folks that they will be bringing my lawn buddy home on Thursday morning. Hopefully it won’t be raining and I can get out there and use it. The rain is making for some tall grass. 

Time for me to clean my self up, finish my coffee, and maybe accomplish something worthwhile today. I hope your day is pleasant and full of joy. Stay in touch with the Lord. Peace. 














No comments:

Post a Comment