Friday, July 9, 2021

 July 9th. I had my eye surgery this morning and it went extremely well. Dr. Kathleen Flanagan did the surgery. It was called a “Bi-lateral” something or other. Basically she went in and removed excess drooping skin from eyelids. So, now I slightly resemble a raccoon. I have some swelling round the eyes and they are slightly black but not too bad. I have some light pain management to deal with but Tylenol took care of most of that. Sitting here writing this blog doesn’t help it I reckon. Too much close concentration. But, I’m going to keep it short. Just wanted to catch you up since I had told you I was going to have this thing done. Ms. Kate is fixing lunch right now and after that, I’m going to put ice packs back on the eyes and take a nap. We were up at 0530 to be there at 0630. Seems a bit silly since the surgery wasn’t until 0800, but it is what it is. 

We had some pretty heavy storms yesterday evening. Our power went out at 1530 but our generator kicked on immediately. It ran for three hours before the commercial power kicked back in. Buying that generator several years ago was a good choice. We don’t lose power very often but I never have to worry about it when we do. We were the only house on the block with power. Being hooked up to the glass line that comes into the house is a really good thing. I don’t have to worry running out of propane or mess with propane tanks at all. 

The potato soup is done and on the table so I’m dropping off. Have a blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment