Saturday, July 17, 2021

 Aaaah! Saturday morning has arrived and brought sunshine with it. Welcome Sunshine!! It’s nice not to see a bunch of clouds and rain this morning. 

Well, I took the chance and went and slept in the bed last night. I’ve been in the recliner because my surgeon said that I might tear open my incision and that should wait through the weekend. But, I had zero problem. I’m ready to call this thing done and get back to my normal life. Assuming it hasn’t rained so much as to make the ground sloppy and or soggy I am going to to go in the back yard and pick up the branches and twigs that broke off of the trees during all of the wind that we have been having. They are all dead branches and none of them are huge, but they need to be picked up and gotten rid of. And, I may go ahead and take my string trimmer there and do some weed whacking. My backyard looks terrible. The front yard didn’t look much better but bless my neighbor, Deb McKnight, she drove her John Deere over and mowed the front yard for me and then came back and ran the trimmer around one of my flower beds. That’s the first time she has ever done that and I’m very grateful. 

One thing that I need to do today is write a pastor’s report for the churches summer meeting. Tomorrow St. Paul’s has their meeting and then next weekend, St. Lucas will have theirs. The report doesn’t have to be anything long or complicated. We’re simple folk. It is just to let them know how I’m earning my salary and catch people up on what is going on in the larger church. I probably should write that report before I do anything else today. If I don’t I’ll either forget to do it or put it off. 

Ms. Kate and I are planning an overnight trip up to Nashville, IN the first week of August. There is a store up there that she wants to go to and look for a new piece of yard art. I bought her a piece the last tome we were up there and she loves it, (well, so do I). We’ll go during the week so we miss the weekend traffic. Nashville, IN is a cute little artsy/fartsy place and quite touristy. We’ve invited Karen to go with us and she said yes. I’ve reserved rooms for us at the Brown County Inn. And I also made dinner reservations at the Farmhouse Cafe and Tea House for us. The last time we were up there we heard about that place and drove around until we found it. But, we got there and couldn’t get in without reservations. So, this time I have us aa table all reserved. 

I’ve gabbed enough, time to write my report and get my day going. Have a blessed weekend. Attend your local house of worship and give God thanks for your blessings. Peace. 














No comments:

Post a Comment