Monday, July 19, 2021

 Happy new week!, Yes, it’s Monday morning. It is 72 degrees out side, the sun is shining brightly and there is no breeze at all. It is going up to 87 degrees today which in humid climate means sweat. So, if I am going to get anything done outside today, I need to get on it pretty soon. So, I’ll jot a few words here, have another cup of coffee or at least top off the cup I’m drinking and finish that, then get dressed for outside work and grab my weed eater. We aren’t supposed to have any rain this week so it will be good to see things dry out. 

In case you missed my “mini-rant” this morning on Facebook, I have shut down thee Backyard Buffet temporarily. The DNR has recommended that we stop feeding our songbirds due to some kind of disease that is killing them. They don’t know what it is but they have determined that it is not avian flu. I guess song bird are dropping all over the country so they want people to quit feeding them. The recommendation is to empty your feeders and clean them with bleach water and let them be empty for aa couple of weeks. I haven’t seen any dead birds around here and Lord knows I have enough birds to have had the opportunity. But, it is tiresome. As I said in my post this morning, in 2020 we had COVID pandemic, which still isn’t over due to variants of it. For that we had to hide in our houses, mask up like bandits if we went outside, and stay at least six feet apart. And whether you actually had it or not —- you might be a carrier and be asymptomatic. Now, in 2021, it’s the birds that may or may not have a disease that no one knows what it is but we are supposed to quit feeding them and take all kinds of precautions. Oh, and the only way to know is if you can see it’s eyes and they are “crusty”. Who gets close enough to to a bird to tell id its eyes are crusty??? I suppose next year they will tell us that flowers are dangerous and we should dig them all up and burn them.  Who makes all of these rules?? Okay, rant done. 

We had a good worship service yesterday and attendance was okay but a bit sparse. Summer vacations do take a toll on attendance. After the service, we had our summer congregational meeting at St. Paul’s. Next Sunday we will do the summer congregational meeting at St. Lucas. 

Today is the last day that I am 76 years old. Tomorrow I turn 77. Who would of thunk it??? I’m glad to say that while I may look my age, I don’t feel 77. That’s a good thing. 

Time for me to be productive. You have yourself a wonderful week. Stay in touch daily with the God that created you, sustains you and sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to bring you eternal life and salvation. Peace. 














No comments:

Post a Comment