Friday, July 2, 2021

 What a beautiful morning we are having. It is 1030 and the temperature is just now 70 degrees. The sun is shining, the humidity is tolerable, and I think the high today is to be 81. And —- the rain has come and gone. We got about three inches which is just right. 

I had to start my day out at my surgeon’s office for a meeting with the nurse to go over my procedure for a week from today. It will be a simple thing. Dr. Flanagan will simply remove some of the drooping, excess skin from each eye. I’ll have to sleep in my recliner for a few nights to keep my head up. I tend to toss and turn in my bed every night, rolling from one side to the other. In the recliner, I won’t do that and therefore I won’t be rubbing my eyes on my pillow. 

After I left the doctor’s office I went to Parlour Doughnuts and picked up a few for the weekend. Jules loves them and so do we. I particularly like the coconut Creme but this morning I had a strawberry shortcake one. It was wonderful. I think I have tried most of their doughnuts and have only found a couple that I would not buy again. I had never heard of this place until Julie introduced it to us. It isn’t a place we get to very often because it is on the other side of town and when we do get to that area, we generally aren’t thinking about doughnuts. That’s probably a good thing. It’s bad enough that I live half way between two Dairy Queen’s It is literally a three minute drive down to the Dairy Queen and is so easy to pop down there for an evening Blizzard. 

I’m going to go out and do some hoeing in my garden this morning if it isn’t too wet. I also want to mow the front yard. And I need to run the weed eater around the flowerbeds. This is the 4th of July weekend and people will be having company and driving through the neighborhood. I want my yard to look good. Yesterday we drove through the cemetery to make sure the flowers on the graves also looked good. Probably nobody would notice or care, but we would know. 

The A/C guy is here now to do the annual spring checkup and maintenance on the unit and to replace the filter on the furnace. ur units work very well and we want to keep them working well so we have them come out in the spring to check the A/C and in the fall to check the furnace. The filter is a heppa  filter and gets changed out every spring. Speaking of —- looks like he has finished and is about ready to hand me the paperwork. So, I’m going to sign off for today. Have a blessed day. Peace. 












No comments:

Post a Comment