Wednesday, July 7, 2021

 Good morning on this July 7th morning. It’s already getting steamy out there this morning. I think that is because it must have rained some time last night or early this morning. The back sidewalk is damp still. The temperature is 75 but the “real-feel” is 85. Yep, that’s muggy. I see neighbor Dan is sitting out on his front porch. He has a beautiful deck out back but I don’t think he ever sits out there. It’s on the east side of his house and in the sun all morning. He’s not surrounded by huge trees like I am. So, he sits on the west side of the house in the shade and drinks his “instant coffee”. Yuk. I don’t know why he doesn’t brew a pot of coffee; I guess his wife tells him he can’t have more than one cup. Who knows, people be funny. 

We have laundry going already this morning. We’re also changing out the bed clothes so there will be an extra load to do. I’ve told you before that I don’t mind doing laundry at all. However, I don’t like stripping the beds etc. I don’t know why. Maybe it goes back to my childhood. I’ve been making my own bed since I was probably six years old. My bed sat against a wall and it was always hard to get the sheets on and off and the blankets were a pain too. My dad had served in WWII and he insisted on the “bounce a quarter” tightness of the blankets. 

Julie is still here but will be leaving this morning sometime I reaction. It has been a wonderful visit with her. We’ve had lots of good chatter and visiting. But, she’s heading home to get some of her work done around her house while she is still on vacation. 

I’m not sure what we are going to do today. It’s Wednesday and that is when we normally go to run the bulletins. But since we don’t know when Jules is heading home, and we are doing laundry which will consume “X” amount of time, and I really need to finish the sermon that I’m working on. I only have today and tomorrow to really finish it before my surgery. Ms. Kate has banned me from computer work Friday and Saturday because she thinks it will bother my eyes. She may be right. I don’t know. But everything I hear says the procedure is really no big deal. And I’m looking forward to having it done. But, I still need to get this sermon written. So, —— maybe I’ll finish the sermon today and then tomorrow we’ll go up to the church and run the bulletins early and then go out and have breakfast somewhere. 

I still have not heard anything from the John Deere dealer about them fixing my LT150. They are a slow crew and they are expensive. I also have to set up a day to take my Toyota in for its scheduled servicing.  I’ve hit 20,000 miles on it now. I’m really glad I bought that car. It’s comfortable, gets 58 mpg, and easy to drive. 

Okay, enough for today. No use just Corning on. Y’all have a blessed day. Peace. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment