Thursday, July 22, 2021

 Good morning and Happy Thursday. Sorry I didn’t stop by yesterday but can you believe I frankly just forgot.? Is that what being 77 is going to be like??? LOL

In my defense, I did get some work done outside again yesterday. I had told you tat The John Deere dealer had returned my LT 150 after servicing it. Let me tell you, that thing ran like a brand new one. I’m very happy with it. I mowed both my front and back yard yesterday morning. The front yard wasn’t as bad as the back yard. My neighbor Deb and come over and mowed it last week. I know I told you about working out there in the backyard flower beds  but it still had not been mowed. Well, now it looks great back there. I’m just glad to have my little JD back in the pasture where it belongs. When I finished with the mowing I went to my little raised bed garden and picked my produce. It was a great haul, lots of tomatoes, and okra, and cucumbers were ready for picking. 

I spent a good deal of time on my sermon for the 1st of August. It’s always amazes me that I can spend so much time and seemingly get hardly anything down on paper. I don’t know why it tis me so much time to sift through the scriptures and things other people have said about a particular scripture or topic, but it does. Most of the time I spend trying to make sure that what I write is first of all, biblical, and secondly that it makes sense to somebody besides me. Ms. Kate chides me once in a while because she says I’m using “Preacher-speak”. I know exactly what she means because I get lost listening to or reading other preachers. 

Today is going to be “bulletin day”. I need to go up to the church and take care of that today since I didn’t do it yesterday. Then this afternoon I have to take the Prius in for its 20,000 mile servicing. We’re getting ready to go on a couple of trips and I need the car ready to roll. Having said all of that, I better get ready to head up to the church. I don’t think Ms. Kate is going with me so it will take me a little bit longer.

The weekend is coming up and I hope you get a chance to enjoy it. Don’t neglect to stay in touch with God. After all, you weekend is courtesy of Him. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment