Tuesday, July 20, 2021

 Happy birthday to me; happy birthday to me; happy birthday to meeeeee; happy birthday to me! Yep, I turn 77 today. That two years more than 3/4 of a century. God does have a sense of humor. My morning has been flooded with birthday wishes from all over the country and locally too. My Facebook page has been inundated with well wishes. How much love can a guy take?? It has been wonderful. 

Yesterday I got off of my butt and went out and spent seven hours working in my backyard flowerbeds. It is back under control or some facsimile there of. It was a tiring job but thank goodness it wasn’t too hot and there was a really good breeze all day long. I still need to bring the LT150 around and mow. But it all looks so much better. I started with my battery powered weed eater and it battery wore out fairly quickly. So, I went and got our electric one. I don’t like to use the electric one because I don’t like dragging the cord around but — boy howdy, that thing trims like a demon. I think we have had it for two or three years and it has never been used. I bought it because Ms. Kate wanted it. But I can drag a cord around a lot cheaper than buying a new battery operated one. And I still have the gas powered one that I want to try to use again, if I can get it started. 

I need to make a hospital visit today for one of my parishioners who was admitted yesterday. The hospital limits visitors to two at a time. I talked to her daughter this morning who said she would step out so I could visit but I’ll wait until this afternoon when the daughter goes to work. 

Other than that, I’ve got no new news. Ms. Kate is going to fix me some french toast for breakfast for my birthday. Sounds like a great plan.  Have a great day. 










No comments:

Post a Comment