Thursday, July 15, 2021

 Happy early Thursday morning. What the heck am I doing up at 0530?? I think the answer is that one can only sleep so long in a recliner. I got my stitches out yesterday in my eyelids but the doctor said I had to stay in my recliner through Sunday. I guess the skin of the eyelids is extremely delicate and thin and if you toss and tumble a lot during the night, it is possible to tear the incision back open. And, —- she is still keeping me off of yard work. I told her there will be tigers in my grass soon but she wasn’t impressed. 

The whole process of the eye surgery went very well. If you are of an age where your eyelids are starting to droop and it is affecting your vision ion any way, check with your eye doctor and see if you are a candidate for this procedure. It wasn’t painful although it will make you look like heck for a week or so. I’ve been very impressed with my surgical team. The doctor called me after the surgery on the night of the procedure. The surgical center called me to check on me, and I got a card of thanks yesterday with “well-wishes. That is impressive. I’m scheduled to go back for a follow-up in a month if I need it. 

The John Deere dealership is going to deliver my LT150 this morning sometime. I had planned on jumping on it and mowing today before we get rain again. However, the doctor put the Kabosh on that which means my wife also put the kabosh on it. So, I guess I will just put it into the garage until I can take it out to play. 

After my stitch removal yesterday, Ms. Kate and I drove up the highway to a place and picked up some sweet corn. Came back home and picked up some of our tomatoes and okra along with a few ears of corn and took her sister Karen some. Last night I threw a couple of ribeyes on the grill while Ms. Kate fixed some corn on the cob and cut up some fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. Now that is a summer meal for sure. 

Today I will finish my sermon for the 25th and depending how I feel, I may start on August 1st. But, one thing at a time. But for now, I need to put my shoes and my jeans on and wait for the JD guy to bring back my mower. You have a blessed day. 









No comments:

Post a Comment