Monday, July 12, 2021

 Good morning on a dreary Monday morning. I heard it sprinkling rain much of the night it seemed. Because of my surgery, I’m still sleeping in my recliner, although I don’t see a reason for it at this point. I’m supposed to keep my head above my heart, I guess to keep the blood from settling where the doctor did the surgery. My eyes are looking better. They aren’t quite as swollen as they were, nor as black as they were. I guess the other reason is that I may rub the incisions on a pillow and work a stitch lose. That could make a mess on the pillow. I just know I’m very tired on my recliner. I’m still limited on my bending over and doing things too. I think I need to re-read my instructions and make sure I’m not getting something wrong. Although, my favorite nurse read them pretty thoroughly last evening. I’m still putting ice packs on the lids and eyes to reduce swelling and we are putting the arithromiacin ointment on the sutures until Wednesday morning. That’s when I get the stitches out. I’ll be glad because they are starting to itch,which is a good indication that there is healing going on. 

I was able to conduct my church service yesterday with no problem. Of course many people had comment s and questions about my eyes and hard hard did Ms. Kate smack me and what did I do to deserve that. LOL. But I had anticipated that. But, I was able to read just fine and the service went well. And —- it was well attended. I was a bit surprised that there were so many there. Yesterday was the first day of the Gibson County Fair and generally we have a lot of people gone because the are taking animals to the fair etc. But in reality, I guess we are in a period where we don’t have a lot of kids showing their animals and 4-H projects. All of my 4-H kids grew up. I did have a few grandparents say they were headed to the fair to look at projects etc. And of course, they were headed to the fairground to get “Fair-fish” sandwiches for lunch. That seems to be a big thing and a favorite up there. I’ve had them and to me they are just a fish sandwich, but they do seem to be a people’s choice thing during the Gibson County Fair. 

I always loved going to the fair when I was a kid in 4-H. I had Tamworth hogs that I raised to show for the  fair. And I had an entomology project one year and collected bugs, and leaves for forestry, and of course garden. Boy, I remember when the county extension agent used to go around and grade your garden. They looked at how weed free it was and whether it was hoed properly, did you have the right border flowers to keep deer and bugs away. I don’t think I ever got better than a red ribbon. On my garden and maybe a few blue ribbons for my other stuff but not many. That never made my parents very happy. But, I have to say, I always earned my own ribbons, My parents never did my projects for me like I know so many do today, and did then too. What ever I got —- I earned myself. 

That’s it for today. I need to put my ice-pack on my eyes again. I hope your week is blessed and full of good things. Peace, my friends. 









No comments:

Post a Comment