Wednesday, September 30, 2020

 It is a sunny and windy 56 degrees this morning on this last day of September 2020. The early leaves are falling like crazy this morning with the wind. I think though that it is supposed to go up to 77 today which will be pleasant. 

I filled bird feeders last evening and had a good amount of guests this morning and then we had a tragedy. One of my prettiest cardinals hit one of the heavy glass  doors Really, really hard. It was so hard that it knocked the bird back and it landed flat on its back. It may have been alright or it may have broken its neck or a wing, I don’t know, nor will I even know. It was almost instantly pounced on by the stray black cat that wanders through my yard every day. I’ve never seen that cat go after one of my birds but it constantly chases the squirrels. I’ve seen it go half way up on of my poplar trees after a squirrel. But, it is going to get to meet Mr. Red Ryder if it starts after my birds. I spend too much money on bird feed and feeders for some neighbor’s cat to be eating them. This is not a take-out service for felines. 

Ms. Kate and I went to bed really tired and sore last night. We went out to the front yard flowerbeds and did a bunch of weed pulling and trimming back of the peonies and Black-eyed Susans. We filled the trash can totally and quit for the day. Neither one of us can kneel anymore and the bending over, especially on a slope wears a person out rather quickly. I told Ms. Kate that I can’t believe that we can’t last more than a couple of hours out there any more. We sure got a lot more to do and these cool weather days are great to work in. Although, —- this morning I think I would need to put on a sweatshirt. 

This morning we are finishing up the laundry and then we need to go up to the churches and run our bulletins etc. After that, Ms. Kate has a grocery list that she wants to take care of. Hopefully it isn’t too long of a list. I know she wants to go to Meijer’s which is a large store and you walk yourself silly finding stuff. I don’t know if she is going to go in or just send me in. We shop totally different. She is really slow and if I go with her, I get tired just standing there while she figures out what she wants etc. Me, give me a list and let me go. I reckon we’ll see what the day holds. 

Did you watch the Presidential debate last night> I did not and from everything I have read today, I’m glad I didn’t. It sounds like there wasn’t a lot of intelligent conversation being had. That’s sad. 

I guess I better get myself cleaned up and get my day going. I hope your Wednesday is a really good one. Peace. 













No comments:

Post a Comment