Saturday, September 26, 2020

 Good morning on this grey somewhat warm morning. I’m just dropping by to wish you a pleasant weekend. 

I’ve been out in the sunporch for the last couple of hours, watching my Backyard  Buffet guests and reading through Facebook posts. Nothing much exciting in there for sure. Our Terminex guy came around and sprayed for mosquitos one last time for the year. I’m glad he did, I was out there feeding birds the other day and was bothered by them. I’m very lucky that they don’t seem to like my blood very much and don’t bother me a lot. Ms. Kate though can’t be out there at all hardly without getting eaten. 

It looks like it is going to rain although the forecast does not call for it. I think what we are seeing is remnants of the clouds from the last hurricane and tropical depression that hit the southern coasts. We aren’t supposed to get any rain until maybe Monday and that will only allegedly be a morning incident and then back to sunshine and cool  weather. 

I had an interesting thought tis morning. I was responding on Facebook to a letter that had been posted by my church denomination concerning the results of a grand jury investigation concerning the death of Beaonna Taylor, a young black woman who was killed by police in Louisville, KY. Her death has cause massive marches and protests, and rioting and looting and assaults and killing of law enforcement  and civilian personnel by the Black Lives Matter organization. Ms. Taylor was basically caught in the crossfire when her boyfriend shot at police and they returned fire. The Grand Jury determined that the policemen who shot Ms. Taylor will not be charged because they determined that the shooting was legal and justified. The denomination and our local conference have taken the position that the verdict is all wrong and there has been no justice for Ms. Taylor. I made comment that the investigation had been handled by professionals of all levels, debated and a decision based upon the facts of the case had been rendered. Some one disagreed with me saying that I was only making assumptions because the case had not been released to the public. Here is where my thoughts come in. I think that far too many in our society think they have the personal right to everything that is decided upon. They seem to think that if they disagree with the decision that society is required to “prove it to them”. The person who disagreed with me has a point, I am assuming the Grand Jury is correct. But that is why we have systems. My  agreement or disagreement is only an opinion. Anyway, enough of that, I didn’t respond to the guy. He has his right to an opinion just like I do. 

Time to get cleaned up and go get my flu shot. Then I’m coming home and plan to eat some of Ms. Kate’s apple pie that she made yesterday. Have a blessed weekend. 











No comments:

Post a Comment