Tuesday, September 15, 2020

 Happy Tuesday afternoon. I’ve had another wonderful day. It’s the second day in a row we have gotten in the boat and gone saltwater is fishing. Amanda’s boyfriend Bryan brought his pontoon boat to the beach house. We gone fishing these past two days out in the sound. Yesterday we caught a couple of flounder but today we got skunked. We caught some “trash fish” but you can’t eat them. Tonight we are having a fish fry. Last night we had fish chowder. The weather has been perfect; high in the mid eighties with plenty of clouds today to keep us from broiling. Yesterday we put the umbrella cover up on the boat because the sun was so bright. 

We have one more day here and then we head home on Thursday. I’m not sure how long it is going to take us butI anticipate that we will run into rain for much of the trip. We have not made any hotel reservation for the return trip and I guess we will just play it by ear. But it has been such a relaxing vacation, and it has been so very good to be with Lisa and all of her family. I’ve had aa good chance to get to know Amanda’s boyfriend and he seems like a good guy. He respects her and makes her happy and as Grandma and Grandpa, that is all we could ask for. 

I’m hearing good news from my home church, Zoar. After six years of a pastoral search, it appears they are really zeroing in on a candidate. I pray that is true and I pray that he is God sent. I guess if everything works out, they could be in place by the end of the year. I know that Pastor Art will miss being the pastor there but I also know he is really ready to finally retire. At 78, he should be considering it. But Zoar is going to miss him. He has been very good for Zoar and the two years I spent as his co-pastor were a God-send to me. I learned so very much from him. He and I still talk at least one a day through Facebook messenger and just because he isn’t preaching, doesn’t mean I will quit going to him for guidance. He and I have become fast friends. 

That’s all for today. I pray you have a blessed evening and a blessed rest of your week. Stay in touch with God. Peace








No comments:

Post a Comment