Friday, September 25, 2020

 And another Friday has rolled around. It is a bright and beautiful to boot! I have a few guests at the Backyard Buffet this morning. A couple of the starlings have returned for an upgrade in their diet. I had a few cardinals earlier but they have eaten and I guess gone off to work at whatever birds do when they aren’t eating. I still have at least one hummingbird hanging around and the weekend is supposed to be warmer, so w will see them more often. hey will be gone south for sure in another month. 

We went to the churches yesterday and ran the bulletins and set up the pulpits for worship. We also made several other stops. Had to go to Dewigs for some “cracker bologna” and other stuff. We also went to Sam’s for other groceries. I also had to pick up some paper for the church office. I should have enough now to last me through the end of the year. We also went to the orchard and picked up a half bushel  of apples. But, today I need to go to Meijer’s and pick up some Pillsbury pre-made pie crusts so Ms. Kate can do her magic with the apples. Interestingly enough, my “Facebook Memory” picture this morning was of an apple pie that she baked last year. So it must be the time to get them done. 

I think that while I’m out shopping for a couple of groceries, I’ll run to Lowes and pick up some lumber and the wall blocks that I need for my new raised bed. I can’t start assembling it yet but I want the stuff ready when I can. I think I will have to make a couple of trip to pick up the soil. I need twenty or maybe twenty five bags and that is a lot of weight for the truck. I’d like to have Lowes deliver it but that would cost me another fifty bucks or so. I’ll just make the trips myself. They will load it on the truck and I can get them off. Those 2 cu.ft. Bags are pretty heavy, especially if they are at all wet. I need to wait until the leaves start falling more too. I want to put my leaves as a bottom layer in the bed for compost. They should decompose under that layer of dirt over the winter. At least that’s my plan. 

Tomorrow Mss. Kate and I go get our annual flu shot. We never fail to get them. We are both “at risk” people and with the pandemic going on, we really cannot afford to be talking chances. 

The coffee cup is empty and I have work to do. You go have yourself a wonderful weekend and don’t forget to take time to worship our God. Blessings. 








No comments:

Post a Comment