Monday, September 7, 2020

 Welcome to Labor Day 2020. It’s a cool morning and the overall temperature today is only going to the upper 80’s, but the humidity has made a return, so, I reckon we will close the house back up. It has been nice though having the A/C turned off for a few days. 

I have a bunch of stuff to do today because we leave for vacation tomorrow morning. I haven’t cleaned out the car or gotten it ready to travel nor have I packed anything. I have stuff sitting here and there that we want to take, but that is about all. It won’t take that long to do what I need to do but I just have to get started on it. I’m very excited about this vacation but sure have lagged behind in getting my work done. 

We had good attendance at both churches again yesterday. Then we mad a stop at Target on the way home so I could pick up a “hub” device for my Surface Pro so I can plug in more than one USB device. Then we came home, warmed up the fried chicken form Log Inn that was left over from Saturday night. Ms. Kate fried up some okra and sliced some tomatoes and we had a great lunch. Of course by then it was nap time. 

Last night I tried my hand at making Power Point slides and I think it turned out fairly well. I made up a dozen slides for use during my sermon and service on the 27th of September. I then sent them to Jacob so he can play with them with the new A/V equipment that is supposed to be installed while I am gone. By next Sunday the screens and computer is supposed to be here and installed. The camera is on backorder but hopefully will be here shortly. Jacob is hoping to be able to use the new screens and computer to teach Sunday school next Sunday. I’m very excited to her how it all goes for them. 

One of our parishioners was taken to the hospital yesterday wit a heart attack and is having a double, if not triple by-pass done as I sit here. Lift up Allen in your prayers please. 

That’s it for today. My entries are going to be sporadic for the next few days; bare with me as we travel together. Peace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment